Saturday, September 11, 2010

Dust Off The Blog

Wow, it has been over a year since I last posted.

Steve and I have enjoyed some travelling together and had other fun adventures in the past year but I neglected to record them in my travel journal.

I've never been good about keeping a journal... how many times as a young girl or young woman did I try keeping a diary...that always lasted about 2 or 3 days.

Well, here I go again.

I want to be more diligent about recording my/our travels and adventures for myself. Having the blog to look back on gives me a way to relive and enjoy our past travels that relying on my memory does not allow for.

Today marked the first leg of my vacation travels.

I spent the morning making 100 jars of elderberry and elderberry/verbena jam and syrup then I finished packing for a week in Switzerland to visit my sister and 12 days in Italy and a weekend in Cincinnati for my cousin's wedding.

I left Cleveland shortly after 2 PM to drive to Cincinnati. The idea is to fly in and out of Cinci so Steve and I won't have to get in the car and drive down here the day after we return from Europe. The added bonus is that I get to spend this evening and tomorrow morning with my Uncle Jack. I'm looking forward to seeing my cousin Craig, his wife, Gretchen and their son Ben tomorrow. Unfortunately, Hanna won't be here too as she is with her mom for the weekend.

Uncle Jack made a lovely dinner and we sat and visited like we haven't done in way too long. I know the wedding weekend will be hectic so I am appreciative of this time for the two of us.

After the frenetic pace of making pies all summer this respite is already much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment