Thursday, April 9, 2009

Quickie Post


I am a few days behind in posts but I want to touch base because I will be away for a few days and may not have a chance to post.

Today is my 40th birthday and it has been a wonderful day. I woke up at o-dark:30 to drive to the airport in Geneva to pick up two good friends who came for a visit. When I walked out of the house and looked over the lake there was a huge, orange full moon in the sky over the lake and the reflection of the moon left an intense trail of color and light on the water. It took my breath away. It was like my very own, most special 40th birthday present.

I headed off for the airport in Geneva and was so excited to pick up our friends. We spent a nice day together walking around Montreux and had a relaxed few hours at home in the late afternoon.

I made a fondue for dinner tonight with a salad of escarole and dandelion greens and I made veal piccata. It was a very good dinner if I do say so myself. The dandelion greens and escarole were tender and mild. This was the first time I made fondue and it was better than any I've had out, even in La Suisse! The veal was tender and had a lovely flavor and my piccata was sauce was good. Oh yes, we also shared two steamed artichokes between the four of us.

I am very happy that our friends are here. I wish that I could have spent the day with all my friends and family but that was not possible. I thought of everyone who is important to me today with fond thoughts. I look forward to lots of hugs and kisses and a great party when we get home.

Oh, and by the way, my mother-in-law, Nelly, says that 40 is the new 30. Don't forget it!

The four of us are of to Paris in the morning. I will post as I have the chance but it may nit be until we return to Switzerland.

Uncle Red, here is a picture for you-



And Grandma, here is a picture for you-

5 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! What a treat to have some visitors with you to celebrate. I hope that it is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, a very happy birthday to you. I so wish I could be there too but we'll celebrate when you get home. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Diane! Dave gave me a link to your blog so I have been following along. What a fun adventure! -danadel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, happy birthday. How lovely to be in Paris to celebrate your 40th, you lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes!

    dandadel, I'm glad that Dave gave you a link to the blog. I thought I covered everybody when I sent out the email with the link but I left off many people who I had meant to include.

    ReplyDelete